Tuesday 12 March 2013

Holiday countdown #1


Why is it so difficult to shop for holiday clothes?

I'm going away in May for just over 2 weeks and I'm already having a heart attack over what clothes I'm going to pack (8 weeks is not enough time to plan my wardrobe).

It's not essential that I take a different outfit for every day just enough to mix and match and, of course, shoes and accessories.

But where do I even start?

I don't find it hard to put outfits together on a day to day basis but for some reason it's much more difficult when I'm going away. I tend to worry I might forget to take something I'll need or want while I'm there (I never feel like that when I'm actually away though, it's just when I'm trying to pack).

I thought I'd have a quick browse on a few online shopping sites to get some ideas as to what I might buy to take with me (I'll be taking a couple of things I have already but will obviously be taking pretty much all new!)... 2 hours later I'm still looking and have around 20 tabs open, half of those with the same sandal in different colours.

Now, I want to buy all the things I've seen and will want to take 2 suitcases of clothes just to 'make sure I have enough', even though I'll do what I do every year and take way too much and not wear half of it!

So, I'm going to make a list and stick to it...

Clothes:
  • Dresses x 2/3 (probably 3)
  • Skirts x 2 (1 short, 1 long)
  • Shorts x 1
  • Jeans x 1 (it'll be warm so I won't want too many pairs)
  • Trousers x 1 (probably cropped skinny capri's or linens)
  • Basic vests x 3/4 (can take more of these, they don't take up much room)
  • Tops/blouses x 2/3
  • Cardi's x2/3
Shoes:
  • Sandals x 1
  • Pumps x 1
  • Walking boots (extremely necessary for the national park visits) 

I've made the executive decision this year not to take heels, I always take 1/2 pairs and have never worn them, I just think cute sandals are much better for that transition from day wear to evening wear.

Well that's my list so far, no doubt I'll add to it as I go through the next 8 weeks but hopefully wont deviate too much and I'll post some of the things I buy as I continue my countdown...

2 comments:

  1. I've been holiday packing and its a massive headache! I'm going for 2 weeks on a beach holiday so my suitcase is pretty much all bikinis, dresses, shorts, and skirts. I made a little list on my blog if you wanna check it out

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    p.s. I’ve given the blog a bit of a face lift!

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a nightmare! I'm going for just over 2 weeks and doing a mixture of cities and national parks so I seem to be doubling up.

      Thanks Helen, I'll check it out! x

      Delete